11/9/09

Where I was, where I am, where I want to be...





I spent the last weekend of October moving out of my beloved studio at the Sugar Creek Arts Center. While it wasn't a fun decision it was necessary. It came down to a lack of funding. I can't do both a formal studio and continuing classes so I decided to continue with my Bargue Copy Classes.


On the bright side of the move I now have taken over an actual room in my home and am working from there. It used to be our computer room but with much rearranging and a couple coats of a questionable color of paint, I now have an area where I can close the doors and work and listen to music with out disturbing many in the house and vice versa. All in all it was a good compromise.



6 comments:

Jeany said...

Lori,
Love your new home studio. I can see which sketch you're working on too, :-)

Hugs

Lori Barton said...

sketch? What sketch? GRIN...I am starting a new painting this week too.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lori,
Love seeing your artwork....very talented!

Lori Barton said...

Thanks so much Klint. I've seen your things also and your style is beautiful!

Nick said...

gotta have a good space to work in and have to yourself, you're the most important person in the house!

Lori Barton said...

Nick...you know what they say...if Momma ain't happy? Ain't nobody happy LOL Glad to report the household is happy.