12/28/09

Snow has Fallen and the Gifts are Given

I've spent much of the past 2 months working on some fairly last minute Christmas gift commissions for a couple of my friends. Thankfully those 2 pictures have led to at least 2 other commissions because I was feeling so pressed for time that I carried the drawings to work with me to work on during breaks.

The first is a watercolor portrait of Bear, a friend of mine's rottweiler who recently passed away.

The second is a portrait of my Boss's daughter and her Fiance. I've been rediscovering my love of pencil drawings and have been putting in some time to improve my drawing skills.

With that said the snow is falling in Indiana and the winds are picking up. So for those of us who live in the middle of nowhereville please for the love of GOD...

1. Don't think because you have an SUV/4Wheel Drive/or other large vehicle that it will keep you from skiddering on the ice. If its icy/snowy 65 mph is NO LONGER the appropriate speed to be driving.

2. Do not ride my bumper, if my 40 mph speed does no suit you please just pass me. If your overpriced Hummer rear ends my grand prix I will lose and you will owe a huge insurance if not funeral bill.

3 Dear HEAVENS please CLEAN the SNOW OFF of your HEADLIGHTS/TAIL LIGHTS. It is Important that we SEE you coming and going when the visibility is almost zero.

Now that I'm done ranting I hope everyone had a fabulous Christmas and will have a safe and happy New Year!




4 comments:

Nancy Goldman said...

I love your watercolor of your friend's dog. My dog is a German Shepard/Rottweiler mix and I've always been hesitant to try to paint a watercolor of him because of his dark coloring. Your handling of the darks and highlights is wonderful.

Nick said...

excellent work and i hear ya on the tailgaters!!! The worst I've seen are around here in the DC area. I tap the brakes all the time to wake them up, one of these days I'm going to keep them on!

Jeany said...

I want to thank you so much for the beautiful water color of our boy Bear. Bill loves this painting and brags and brags on you Lori. You did an amazing job and it looks exactly like him!!! It was truly the best Christmas present ever that he has gotten. But alas very sad as to the reason why. We will always miss our sweet big old bubby Bear.

Anonymous said...

I had a good time to you read, your drawings are very good, congratulations! I will follow your news with pleasure.
bye mahon
http://redcat-albumart-som.blogspot.com